Tuesday, September 27, 2011

An Enjoyable Day

Fall is my favorite season. A few times this month, we had some cool days, and a rain or two, which was REALLY NICE. I hope October will see more of that. I kind of get cranky when it's September and it's still warm and dry out.


But I'm trying really hard to appreciate whatever kind of day it is. When it's cool and/or cloudy and/or rainy, I LOVE IT. I like being cozy in the house, and nicely busy, and watching the weather do its thing from the comfort of being inside. But there is a good side to the continuing warm, dry weather - I can keep up with the laundry! I've had laundry out the last two days, and am finally pretty well caught up. For now.


Today was just a really good day. God has been gracious, and lately I've been able to work through some things, letting go of troubling people/circumstances. I've been able to get off the depression medication I'd been on for over a year and a half. I've enjoyed being in my role as wife, mom, homemaker, and all the other stuff that gets thrown in there.


Today included:


Laundry
Making good food
Nap
School with Younger Son
(and it was a particularly fun, interesting school day)
Quilting
Sewing
Good conversation with Older Son
Hubby feeling better from fighting sinus junk
Music


I would wish everyone such enjoyable days. A lot got done, without any "clock pressure." That's the kind of day I like.


Supper was easy - hamburger/manwich, a can of ranch beans with a little garlic in them, and a batch of cornbread.


Here's a happy cowgirl in the midst of making cornbread.

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great day!! Too bad about your meds. .it's ok if you need them. .depression is a disease just like diabetes. .always remember that!! There's no shame in treating it with meds the same way you would treat anything else!! I feel Doug's pain. .I have a horrid ick right now too. .wishin' someone would shoot me! Glad he is better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the encouragement, Melanie. :) I sure hope you get to feeling better. I think I was "emotionally" ready to be off the medication, which is a good thing. But my physical brain must just still need the medication, and that may be a continuing thing. So that's OK, just glad it helps. :)

    ReplyDelete