Wednesday, October 9, 2013
Ahhh
The above photo shows my current relief from jalapeno-induced sore fingers. (Processed several dozen yesterday for the freezer.) Even with a plastic baggy over my hand, the powerful effects must've "seeped" through, and two fingers and the thumb on my left hand are sure sore today! Washing dishes in hot water really made 'em sore. So with chores and school lessons done for awhile, I sat down here at the computer for a break, with an ice-cold glass of Dr. Pepper. Ah, the relief of that cool glass on my sore fingertips feels good. Then suddenly I had a flashback.
When I was really little, maybe 2? 3? 4? Anyway, my family and I (folks and older brother) were somewhere at a cabin where we were staying in Arkansas, maybe? I just can't remember. But, I DO remember reaching up to a stove top (for who knows what reason!), and laying my hand on a HOT BURNER. Then I remember us all going nearby to a restaurant to eat, where a man put some lotion of some kind on my hand. Then we went on in, and as we sat at the table, Dad showed me how to keep my sore little hand on the cold glass of ice water to make it feel better.
Thankful for ICE.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment